Nirjala Ekadashi Vrata comes on Eleventh of both Paksha (Shukla and Krishna) of every month therefore 24 times in a year. Nirjala Ekadashi falls on Shukla Paksha of Jyaishtha (May-June) month of Hindu calendar also called Jyeshtha Shukla Ekadashi. Now let’s perform Nirjala Ekadashi Puja.
- Let’s first collect all puja items.
- Then we will do the puja preparation.
- Next we will perform the main Nirjala Ekadashi Puja.
- We will conclude with the aarti.
Let’s Collect Nirjala Ekadashi Puja Items & Learn Their Significance
- Moli (red thread)
- Roli (red powder)
- Incense sticks
- Sweets, Fruits
- Curd (Yogurt)
- Clarified butter (Ghee)
- Dry fruits
- Yagyopavit (sacred thread)
Follow The Video To Prepare For The Nirjala Ekadashi Puja.
Before doing Nirjala Ekadashi Puja, we do the puja preparation or commonly called as panch peeth puja.
Lets follow the video through this step. Only after performing this step we proceed towards the main Nirjala Ekadashi Puja.
Let’s Perform The Main Nirjala Ekadashi Puja
After performing the panch peeth puja, we start the main puja.
Follow along the instructions and mantras to perform the main Nirjala Ekadashi Puja.
We Will Conclude Nirjala Ekadashi Puja With The Aarti.
Puja is considered incomplete without the aarti.
Let us now do the Nirjala Ekadashi Puja to successfully conclude the puja.
Puja is considered complete after we offer dakshina
Mantras, Regional Information, Food Restrictions For Nirjala Ekadashi Puja
Nirjala Ekadashi Puja
VISHNU AARTI : Take flowers or unbroken grains of rice in your hands. Meditate upon the god, saying:
Om Jai Jagdish Hare Swami Jai Jagdish hare Bhakt jano ke sankat Das jano ke sankatShan men door kare Om jai Jagdish hare.
1. Jo dhyave phal pave Dukh bin se man ka Swami dukh bin se man ka Sukh sampati ghar ave Swami, Sukh sampati ghar ave Kasht mite tan ka Om jai Jagdish hare.
2. Mata pita tum mere Sharan Paoon main kiski Swami sharan paoon main kiski Tum bin aur na dooja Prabhu bin aur na dooja As karoon main jiski Om jai Jagdish hare.
3. Tum pooran Paramatam Tum Antaryami Swami tum Antaryami Par Brahm Parameshwar Swami, Par Brahm Parameshwar Tum sabke swami Om jai Jagdish hare.
4. Tum karuna ke sagar Tum palan karta Swami tum palan karta Main moorakh khal khami Main sevak tum swami Kripa karo Bharta Om jai Jagdish hare.
5. Tum ho ek agochar Sab ke pran pati Swami sab ke pran pati Kis vidhi miloon Gosai Kis vidhi miloon Dayalu Tum ko main kumati Om jai Jagdish hare.
6. Deen bandhu dukh harta Thakur tum mere Swami Thakur tum mere Apne hath uthaoApni sharani lagao Dwar paoa hoon tere Om jai Jagdish hare.
7. Vishay vikar mitavo Pap haro Deva Swami pap haro Deva Shradha bhakti baohaoSwami, Shradha bhakti baohao Santan ki seva Om jai Jagdish hare.
8. Om jai Jagdish hare Swami jai Jagdish hare Bhakt jano ke sankat Das jano ke sankatShan men door kare Om jai Jagdish hare.
Nirjala Ekadashi mantra meaning :
Meaning: “Victory to the lord of the universe Who will remove in a second, The sorrow of all his devotees, And the sorrows of all his followers. Om victory to the Lord of Universe He who meditates will get the fruit, Of a mind without sorrows, Lord, mind without sorrows, Pleasures and wealth will come to his house, Lord, Pleasures and wealth will come to his house, And the sufferings of his body will be cured. Om Victory to the Lord of the universe. You are my father and mother, To whom should I surrender, Lord, to whom should I surrender? Except you I do not see any one else, Lord except you I do not see anyone else, To whom I should surrender, Om victory to the Lord of universe. You are the complete eternal lord, You are the one who resides in me, Lord, you are the one who resides in me, You are the greatest Lord who is the eternal truth, Lord, who is the eternal truth, And you are the lord of everyone. Om victory to the Lord of the universe. You are the ocean of mercy, You are the Lord who takes care of us all, Lord, you are the one who takes care of us all, I am a simpleton with wrong wishes, And Lord, also your humble follower, Shower your mercy on me, Oh lord. Om victory to the Lord of the universe. You are the one who is beyond my sight, You are the lord of soul of everyone, Lord, you are the lord of soul of everyone, What rules should I follow sage? What rules should I follow, merciful one? In worshipping you, this foolish one. Om victory to the Lord of the universe. You are the relation of the oppressed, You are the one who removes all sorrows, Lord you are my leader, Please lift your hand, Then bless me, As I have reached the gate of yours. Om victory to the Lord of the universe. Remove emotions in case of all issues from me, Oh Lord, who destroys all sins, Lord, who destroys all sins, You increase my devotion and attachment to you, Lord, increase my devotion and attachment, And make me serve you who does not have an end. Om victory to the Lord of the universe. Om victory to the Lord of the universe, Lord, victory to the Lord of the universe, The sorrows of your dear devotees, The sorrows of your followers, You drive away far, far away in a second, Om victory to the Lord of the universe.” Drop the flowers and the rice at the feet of the god.